Preparing Your Harker Heights Rental Property For Occupancy
When a tenant vacates your property, it is important to perform a thorough inspection to check for any repairs required. This will make it easier for you to prepare your home for the next tenants. You can also hire a property management company to look after the maintenance of your rental home in Harker Heights, TX.
Below are some tips that will help you prepare your rental property for re-occupancy.
- Check the functioning of doors and windows: All the doors and windows in your property must open and shut smoothly. Also check if the cabinets are properly functioning. If you have a garage, confirm that all its structures are in proper working order.
- Check all the fixtures: Make sure that all the fixtures such as faucets, showers and toilets etc. are working in an optimum condition. Any kind of leakage should immediately be repaired or the fixture must be replaced to avoid problems later on.
- Inspect the condition of the walls: Carefully inspect all the walls to look for any cracks, chipped paint or signs of dampness. Repair any existing marks or holes on the walls before inviting your potential tenants to view the property. You can also consider applying a fresh coat of paint to give the home an invigorated look.
- Verify the working of appliances: If you provide utilities to the tenants, consider discarding old appliances. Older appliances tend to use a large amount of energy and can add up to the utility bills. Get new electrical appliances as they will not only look appealing to the new tenants but you can also save a lot on electricity bills.
- Thoroughly clean the carpets: Carefully check your carpets for any kind of molds or stains. Proper cleaning of the carpets is a must and you can take professional help for this. Carpets with mildew or mold problem need to be replaced immediately so that they do not cause any problem to the tenants.
- Ensure all the storage areas are spotless: Carefully go through all the cabinets and see to it they are in the best of condition. Replace all the severely damaged cabinets with new ones. Also, check the closets and clean them completely. If your previous tenants have left any of their belongings, notify them as early as possible.
We, at REAL Star Property Management, LLC, can help you rent out your Harker Heights based property without any hassles. For more information, you can call us at (254) 693 – 7850 or visit our office at 3901 E Stan Schlueter Lp Ste 100, Killeen, TX 76542.