Energy Efficient Upgrades For Your Killeen Rental Home
Utility bills make up a huge chunk of the monthly expenditure for tenants. In order to cut down on these expenses, landlords may consider making their rental homes energy efficient. It will not only increase the property value manifold but also augment your ability to raise the rent. You can get in touch with a property management company to obtain suggestions on making improvements in your rental home.
Below are some of the energy efficient upgrades you can consider for your Killeen rental home:
- Seal the doors and windows: Gaps in the doors and windows can greatly reduce the energy efficiency of your home. During the scorching summer season, the home will not cool faster and it will not remain warm during the winter months. Therefore, it is essential to do a thorough inspection of all the doors and windows to check for gaps. Seal all the spaces tightly so that air cannot escape through them.
- Get an automatic thermostat: An automatic thermostat can greatly contribute towards reducing the energy bills of your rental home. A programmable thermostat can automatically control the heating and cooling levels inside your home, consequently reducing the electricity consumption. A good thermostat is not a very major investment and can be easily installed.
- Plant more trees in your garden: Having a shady landscaping not only boosts the curb appeal of your home but also reduces the energy costs. You need to invest a very small amount of time and money to yield long lasting results. Trees can be planted so that the shade can cover the roofs and this will lower the air temperature inside the home to a great extent.
- Use power strips: Standby power or phantom load can put a huge burden on your utility bills because certain appliances silently consume energy even when turned off. In order to save on these costs, you can use smart energy strips that will turn off standby power when the electronics are plugged in but are actually not being used.
- Switch to energy-efficient light bulbs: Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) and Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) can greatly reduce your energy bills. Therefore, you need to stop using the traditional power consuming light bulbs and switch to these energy efficient ones. They will also last longer and offer a great value for money.
For more tips on increasing the energy efficiency of your rental home in Killeen, TX, feel free to contact REAL Star Property Management, LLC at (254) 693 – 7850.