Steps To Furnish A Rental Townhome In Killeen
The key to decorate a rental townhome is to strike an ideal balance between aesthetics and finances. Considering the fact that it is a rental property, you should stick to your rental agreement for deciding the extent of changes that can be made. Your furnishing choices will also depend on a number of factors such as your requirements, personal style, budget, duration of tenancy and so on.
Essential points that will assist you in appropriately furnishing your rental townhome are:
- Set A Budget: To begin with, set a budget for the furnishing project. This will ensure that you have an idea of how much you can spend and avoid overspending.
- Draft A Plan: Formulate a list of things that you need for furnishing your rental home. This will help in saving time by avoiding distractions and enabling you to focus on needful things.
- Invest In Versatile Pieces: Instead of purchasing furnishing items that are customized for your current rental townhouse, invest in versatile pieces that can be used in future at some other place in case you shift. For example, opt for modular sofas, folding chairs, etc.
- Upgrade The Lighting: Invest in portable light fixtures such as floor and table lamps instead of overhead lights as they are economically viable and aesthetically pleasing.
- Replace Old Window Coverings: Spruce up the rental with new window coverings. You can buy simple roller blinds or colorful curtains.
- Re-Paint: If the property owner allows, you can add a pop of color to the rental by painting it. This will add life to your space and make it feel more personal.
- Wall Decoration: If you want something less-permanent than paint, buy wall decorations like stick-on wallpaper and decals for creating an accent wall. Creating an accent wall is one of the easiest ways of adding an element of interest in an otherwise dull-looking space. However, it is important to ensure that the decorations do not damage the wall paint at the time of removal.
- Rugs And Art: Add some color and texture to spaces in your rental in the form of interesting area rugs and pieces of art. Instead of hanging art pieces on the wall, consider alternate ways of showcasing them.