The real estate market buzzes with opportunities for landlords during the summer season. In order to take advantage of this lucrative time period, you need to prep up your home. Focus on your potential tenants and accordingly refurbish the rental home to showcase it meritoriously.
Below are some steps to prepare your rental home for summer:
- Double Check The AC Unit: Temperature can soar high during the peak summer season and therefore it is important that your air-conditioning unit is fully functional. Inspect your AC unit and address any repair issues immediately. If the filter is clogged, replace it so that no further damage is caused to the unit. Also, take a good look at the interior ductwork and airflow so that your tenants do not face any hassles.
- Pay Attention To Windows And Doors: Opt for curtains and draperies in light shades as they make the home look spacious and airy. Also, don’t forget to check for any structural issues in the doors and windows of your rental property. Any gaps or leaks can greatly affect the inside temperature of your rental home, so fix the issues before new tenants move in. The window screens should also be in good condition.
- Clean The Fans: Since the ceiling fans are not used during the winter season, dust tends to build up on them. With the arrival of summer season, it is necessary to remove the grime from fans and make them sparklingly clean, so that your tenants find the house in a neat and tidy condition.
- Spruce Up The Landscape: Enhance the curb appeal of your rental home by trimming the overgrown plants and bushes, mowing the lawn properly, planting fresh flowers, checking the sprinkler system, pressure washing the walkways/driveways and cleaning any dead foliage. Taking these measures will make your property look fresh and attractive.
- Check The Dryer Vents For Clogging: Excessive lint deposit can lead to clogged dryer vents, which are a major cause of fire. To avoid this, you can simply unhook the dryer duct from the wall and clean all the accumulated dust and fluff. You may also hire a professional for thorough cleaning.
- Ensure safety: Make sure that you check the smoke detectors beforehand. Also conduct an inspection of fire alarms and other security systems to ensure your tenant’s safety while residing in your rental home.
If you are looking for a property management firm in Killeen, TX, contact REAL Star Property Management, LLC. The agents will not only carry out a thorough inspection of your rental home but will guide you in the entire renting process. For more information, call at (254) 693 – 7850.